.

Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Being Congruent

Anchored on Carl Rogers speculation on the soulfulness-centered approach of understanding port and applying such an understanding to the healing process, the concept of congruity is among the highlights of this renowned theorists perspective. It is understood as a concept which usually starts or initiated by the therapist or practitioner and modelled to the client whereby the former displays to a greater extent(prenominal) of the actual person that he/she is and reducing denial of the real struggles or feelings that tip to be kept inside (Smith, 1997 Rogers, 1951).In the process, the client learns to unveil the real self rather than assume a facade which not still masks the real problems, doctor the therapeutic relationship increasingly difficult (Rogers, 1959). Rogers likely in his long years of exposure to different clients or patients, shew commonality in his interactions that help facilitate better recovery and congruence as modelled by a therapist eventually gained its place in his approach. My list (Roman numeral I) reflects specifically what I am like and quickly present a sketch on my person. There ar perspicuous similarities and the differences are thither as well.I thrust many characteristics that I gaze I have such as what I had just enumerated in the second set of list (II). The reason that there are differences especially the yearning on my part, for instance, to be less temperamental spring from the circumstance that because I am too tired from being dedicated and effective which are manifested in the works I do, I tend to be short-tempered or easily get irritated. In order for this to be attained, the legitimate need to be less serious or work-aholic and have more(prenominal) fun then, is easily understood or acceptable.This actually portrays a healthy tug of being real and aspiring to be more real to others in more ways than I am at present. Sufficient to say, basing on the idealization of the self by Rogers, I shape up to be a congruent person because I gain more insights of who I am. IV. Include an action point that provides details on how you provide strive for more congruency between your actual and ideal self. Action backsheesh There are some steps that had been coined by Rogers to put the theory in action, so to speak. To elaborate, the following are some of the most authoritative things that I allow for be doing or implementing for a targeted schedule. Step 1 I will examine my values what I cherish and make me thrills are among the things that are found under this step. Step 2 down to honour the values that I know are my treasures. Step 3 I would probably pay attention to my body such as my physical reaction to the things I dont want to do but was just forced to do because of what people might call increases incongruence. Every time I do this, I begin to arouse and increase my ability to say no, or being real especially. sense the inner peace and Step 4.As much as possible, I will s tart to remove or minimize encounters or activities leading to incongruence. The more I listen to the inner prodding that the most important things are given priority, and this vantage point becomes a pathway within the person to experience more confidence in expressing the real issues inside of him. The more I check whether what my actions are, no matter how seemingly trivial they may be, the more Id realize whether the discrepancies do exist and there are perhaps few improvements to narrow the dividing line.This results to being a pleasant person, able to fully accept inner failings and realizing that people eventually tend to follow suit. Reference Rogers, Carl . R. 1951. Client-Centered Counseling, Boston Houghton-Mifflin. Rogers, Carl . R. 1959. A theory of therapy, personality and social relationships, as developed in the client-centered framework. In S. Koch (ed. ). Psychology A try out of science. (pp. 184-256). N. Y. McGraw Hill. Smith, M. K. (1997, 2004) Carl Rogers a nd informal education, the Encyclopaedia of informal education. www. infed. org/thinkers/et-rogers. htm

No comments:

Post a Comment